When selecting the correct label material for the application it is better to leave that decision to a professional. There are numerous variables that figure out what material works and at what cost you should pay. Lets have a look at what the expert must know before making a choice for your application.
1. The amount of and what size label do you need? This is very important because you don’t need to get in to a situation where you would need to buy 3 million square inches of paper for a job that could usually take 5 thousand square inches.
2. Are you gonna be printing anything on the label after receipt? This will be significant because certain materials, inks, and adhesives usually are not compatible with all kinds of printing.
3. What printer brand name will you be using to print your labels, and do you want rolls, fanfold or sheet labels? This is important because certain materials, inks, and adhesives will need to be chosen for the specific application.
4. What direction does paper have to go into the printer? This is very important if a specific program is utilized the labels might be on the roll eight different copy positions.
5. What is going to the label be applied to for final use? The top is important because certain adhesives is not going to focus on all surfaces, along with the form of the surface is very important because some adhesives need an extended period to adhere and might lift from a curved surface quickly.
6. What temperature will the label be applied and put through throughout the lifetime of the label? The Warnings Expert must know this info because adhesives and face sheets have temperature ranges that they will operate in without falling off or melting.
7. Will the label be applied indoors or outdoors? As a result a huge difference because certain materials and inks will deteriorate quickly when in contact with outdoor extremes.
8. Are there any regulations the label must meet like UL, CSA, CUL, ANSI, FDA, Etc? This is extremely important because of both safety and compliance reasons. It might not be important to the purchaser searching for a price nevertheless it sure becomes important throughout an audit.
9. Does the label must have variable information printed? Only certain kinds of face stocks are approved for inline imaging and could be important.
10. Will the liner need perf between labels? This would be employed for estimating purposes as well as determines a liner that is certainly appropriate for perforations.
11. How many colors must be printed and are they four color process? This info can be used to find out press capabilities, and also the face sheet in the product. Certain face stocks will never print well with a high line screen needed for four color process.
Allow me to give you an illustration of this how all of these questions visit play in the decision making process, and allows the final user to have the correct product right out from the gate.
Let’s say you will need 275,000 6″ x 12″ warning labels on rolls that will be processed through a Zebra thermal transfer printer with a model quantity of 170XI III with the top of what type going into the printer first. The fmrecm will likely be printed in three colors and applied at room temperature and will also be use outdoors on flat metal painted power panels for three years. The labels will likely be perforated between every label to facilitate easy removal.
The 275,000 feet of material allows the expert to pick a material that would meet most minimum orders which reveals a lot of possibilities. Using the labels running with the Zebra 170XI III printer this lets the expert realize that the roll will have to be wound in copy position primary on the three inch core. The expert will also realize that the inks used should be receptive to thermal transfer imaging, as well as should be ultra lightfast to withstand outdoor elements. Using the label being put on an electrical panel outdoors and being printed thermal transfer this limits the expert to utilizing a polyester material plus an acrylic permanent adhesive using a 40 pound liner.
With a few items of wrong information you might have developed an extremely cheap alternative which could have faded in numerous months and completely disappeared inside a year. Its smart to achieve the expert choose your label materials!